Focus and Scope
Jurnal Pendidikan Agama Islam Al-Thariqah publishes original articles on the latest issues and trends occurring in Islamic religious education curriculum, instruction, learning, policy, and preparation of Islamic teachers with the aim to advance our knowledge of education theory and practice. Moreover, this journal also covers the issues concerned with environmental Islamic religious education. In addition to original articles, the journal features the following special sections:
- Learning in Islamic education: consisting of theoretical and empirical research studies on learning. We invite manuscripts that investigate learning and its change and growth from various lenses, including psychological, social, cognitive, sociohistorical, and affective. Studies examining the relationship of learning to teaching, knowledge and practices, the learners themselves, and the contexts (social, political, physical, ideological, institutional, epistemological, and cultural) are similarly welcome.
- Madrasah teacher professionalism: consisting of original empirical and/or theoretical research that examines the preparation of teachers, the work of teachers, or how teachers' work is influenced by a broader context. "Teacher education" refers to development throughout the continuum of ones teaching career, from pre-service, through induction, into advanced professional stages of teaching.
- Student in Islamic education:
- Method of Islamic education:
- Issues and trends: consisting primarily of analytical, interpretive, or persuasive essays on current educational, social, or philosophical issues and trends relevant to the teaching. This special section particularly seeks to promote informed dialogues about current issues in education, and carefully reasoned papers representing disparate viewpoints are welcomed. Manuscripts submitted for this section may be in the form of a position paper, a polemical piece, or a creative commentary.
- Islamic teacher education: consisting of original empirical and/or theoretical research that examines the preparation of teachers, the work of teachers, or how teachers' work is influenced by a broader context. "Islamic teacher education" refers to development throughout the continuum of ones teaching career, from pre-service, through induction, into advanced professional stages of teaching.
- Islamic education policy: including reports about the goals and/or underlying principles of policies adopted by government, interest groups, school districts, etc., and their effect on teaching and learning. Additionally, research on science policy relates to a critical examination of how theory, research, and practice of education are influenced by policy decisions.
- Tafsir tarbawi:
- Hadits tarbawi:
- Medium of Islamic education:
- History of Islamic education: