Statement of Ethic
This is the statement of ethics for Journal of Renewable Energy and Mechanics published by Penerbit Universitas Islam Riau (UIR Press). This statement was adapted from the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and covers the code of ethics for chief editor, editorial board members, reviewers and authors.
i) Duties Of Authors
• Have the responsibility of ensuring only new and original work is submitted.
• Must not reproduce work that has been previously published in other journals.
• Must not submit any articles that are being reviewed or considered by the journal to other journals simultaneously.
• Are only allowed to publish their work elsewhere after receiving a formal rejection from the journal or if their request to withdraw their work is officially accepted by the journal.
• Must inform the Chief Editor or the publisher of any inaccuracy of data in their published work so that correction or retraction of article can be done.
• Should make significant contributions and be held accountable for any shortcoming in their work.
ii) Duties Of Reviewers
• Must disclose any competing interest before agreeing to review a submission.
• Can refuse to review any submission due to a conflict of interest or inadequate knowledge.
• Review all submissions objectively, fairly and professionally.
• Reveal any ethical misconduct encountered while reviewing to the Chief Editor for further action.
• Should ensure the originality of a submission and be alert to any plagiarism and redundant publication.
• Must not discuss the content of the submission without permission.
• Adhere to the time allocated for the review process. Request for extension to review the submission is at the discretion of the Chief Editor.
iii) Duties Of Editorial Board Members
• Actively contribute to the development and the greater good of the journal.
• Act as ambassadors for the journal.
• Continuously support and promote the journal.
• Review any work assigned to them.
iv) Duties Of Chief Editor
• Evaluate manuscripts fairly and solely on their intellectual merit.
• Ensure confidentiality of manuscripts and not disclose any information regarding manuscripts to anyone other than the people involved in the publishing process.
• Has the responsibility to decide when and which articles are to be published.
• Actively seek the views of board members, reviewers and authors on how to improve/ increase the image and visibility of the journal.
• Give clear instructions to potential contributors on the submission process and what is expected of the authors.
• Ensure appropriate reviewers are selected/ identified for the reviewing process.